Sources of support

Places where you can get support for your mental and emotional health

You might choose to speak to a teacher at your school that you know well. You can also speak to anyone in the school Student Welfare Team.

Your family doctor can help you with a whole range of issues related to your health and emotional wellbeing, alcohol and drugs, sexuality and other issues.

Alternatively you could look at our regional pages for local sources of support, or look one of the national charities that offer support and advice to young people on a range of issues:


Freephone: 0800 1111
Free 24-hour helpline and online support for children and young people, including information on your mental health, body issues, bullying, friends, family, relationships, school, plus an online toolbox of supports


Support for young people’s mental health and wellbeing, including information on mental health symptoms, abuse, bullying, drug and alcohol use, self-harm and online pressures

Youth Access

Phone: 020 8772 9900
Details of local advice and counselling agencies for children and young people


Friendly, confidential, drugs advice


Free online support and counselling for young people


Infoline: 0300 123 3393 (Text: 86463)
National UK charity providing information on various mental health topics


Phone: 0800 1111
Specialises in child protection and the prevention of cruelty to children

NHS Choices: Youth Mental Health

A free information hub offering young people advice and help on a range of topics, including depression, anxiety, stress, cyberbullying, bereavement, self-harm, body issues and more




When you complete our questionnaires, you will be provided with a link to a pupil support sheet. If you’d like to see what this sheet includes, please click here, or on the images below for a closer look.